How to connect your PC to the internet using vodafone connection

May 08 2008

This is a post on how to connect your PC or Laptop to the internet using your vodafone mobile connection in India (It may work for other countries also).

You need:

1. A vodafone connection in India
  2. A Bluetooth enabled mobile phone with GPRS facility.
  3. A Personal Computer or Laptop.
  4. Bluetooth Dongle.

Steps:

1. Delete all the internet profiles (if any) from your mobile phone.
  2. Delete all the data accounts (if any) from your mobile phone.
  3. Send the message WWW to 52586
  4. Save the settings that you receive.
  5. Connect your PC/Laptop to the mobile phone using the Bluetooth software.
  6. In the software select the option resembling “Connect to Internet”.
  7. Provide the number to dial as *99***1# and dial.
  8. You will be connected to the internet.

This procedure was tested from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and it worked fine. If you know of any different procedure for any other locale, please comment below.

10 responses so far

• TheAnand says:

i have been looking hard to connect to grps from my htc….no luck yet….do you know any way i can get the manual settings for vodafone?

• Niyaz PK says:

Anand,
    You can get the GPRS settings from the vodafone website. Here is the link:

• Pratik says:

I have a Motorola L6i and a vodafone connection. Whenever I connect my mobile to my pc using data cable (IEEE CABLE), it works as a modem. But I can’t connect to the internet. Pls inform me if there is any possible solution…………

• Vivek says:

I am from Delhi. I have activated the VMC by sending the sms as VMC199. it is activated. but when i tried to access it from laptop it is not working. Can anyone help me out with this. The notification icon shows connected but when i tried to access the web page it says page cannot be deplayed. Help…!!! if any1 can… Thanks in advance.. coolblue1119@gmail.com

• jintu says:

I have a Nokia5130c-2 and a vodafone connection. Whenever I connect my mobile to my pc using data cable , it works as a modem. But I can’t connect to the internet. Pls inform me if there is any possible solution…………

• Anupal says:

I m from chandigarh. As i do it in same way and it is connected with server from mobile on pc.but there is no gateway reply from the server.means it only accessable from mobile…;-( … Is there any other way to access the net from usb mobile of vodafone ? Please help me.

• Rahul Sanas says:

Dear Sir,

I have a vodafone internet plan rs 98 so how to access internet on my PC via vodafone internet and I m living in Madhya Pradesh.

• ashish says:

i’ve a vodafone connection and m nt able 2 connect internet thru pc using mobile as modem bt internet works on mobile.plz help

• Pranav says:

here are the easy ten step to browse internet on PC using Mobile as modem
    Easy Ten Step To browse internet Through Mobile

• jadhav says:

my computer does nt hv blue tooth then hw can b i access internet through voda to comp..