(1) Create five XML files with content which looks like this:
Name the files tile1.xml, tile2.xml, ….., tile5.xml
The main difference between these files will be the change in the image URL. Use different image URLs in these five files. These files will act as our tile templates.
(2) Create the image files we specified in the XMLs. All the five image files you are going to create should be of 310px * 150px dimensions.
To be precise, the code should be pasted in the location indicated below:
Note that we have given URL of the XML files in the above code.
(4) Make sure that XML files from the first step are available in the URLs specified in the code above. If you cannot host those files in the given location, host them wherever you can and change the URLs in the above code.
(5) Similarly, make sure that the image files specified in the XML files are available in the respective locations. If not, provide the correct locations in the XML files.
(6) Run your app in the local machine (not in simulator). Now if you go to your start screen you can (hopefully) see that the tiles have started appearing and they are rotating in fixed intervals.
If you want to change the layout or any other parameter in your live tiles, go look at the documentation and figure it out. Here are some links: